General Rules for purchasing, operating, and registering your Scooter(s) or Moped(s).
- Always wear a Helmet when operating or riding Scooter or Moped.
- Do not drink and operate or ride a Scooter or Moped.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to operate a Scooter or Moped on a public road.
- Operators of a Scooter or Moped need to obtain a license or tag. The minimum license or tag is a Class E. Some State only requires a tag when operating a 50cc vehicles and no license is required. See below your State for the the necessary regulations that GMI has provided.
- You must register your Scooter or Moped annually.
- Motorcycle endorsements are not required.
- You should check with an insurance agent about the requirements to carry PIP insurance in your state.
GMI makes no representations as to the laws that govern the operating and ownerships of Scooters or Mopeds. You need to check with your state the laws on operating 50cc Scooters or Mopeds.
We hope this quick link to your Department of Transportation [DOT] will quickly get you started in the right direction
Please remember the laws in your state. We suggest you do your own due diligence.You may find that the laws may differ between a Moped and a Scooter.
STATE DOT LAW LINKS
CHECK YOUR STATE LAWS !